Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Projects Thoughts

The conception of this project:

My goal is to create a bathroom that relates to my living room project from last year. I want to try to use Mia Material that I learned from Lynda.com. Lynda.com website really helped me a lot to experience with Mia Material. The true reason why I created this project because I don't know what else to do. Hopefully the next project I can take 3-D Environment to the next level. If failed, I'll try the bedroom. :)

The Bathroom Layout

Planning:

The issues I had while planning was transferring from 2015 Maya file to 2014 Maya File because of the issues of not rendering mental ray image sequences. And the some of the objects were deformed and I was able to fix that (Whew!) My top 3 sentences for execution is: Get this project finished. Create the best texture as possible from using Mia Material for the first time. Keep using Mia Material after stunning results.

The Creation:

Basically you can see the progress from this links:
Sink
Tub and Shower
Sink Details
Toilet
The Details

Surprisingly the toilet took me a while because originally I was using the usual toilet and I couldn't do it so I just created the Modern toilet. (Square-shaped, Oh well) I'm very proud of how Mia Material came in play. It really improved the texture and I'm sure I will use that again later in the future. I was on time for the whole quarter. (Luckily!) All I used was Maya, Lynda, and some Youtube videos for this project.

Self-Critique:

I really learned a lot of Mia Material for Mental Ray. It really improved the looks for objects. The issue was NOT RENDERING ON MAYA 2015 MENTAL RAY! One thing I would redo is the toilet but I didn't have enough time and stick with my original time plans. I think I did well for my project but it's a warmup for using Mia Material. If I have more time, I would use that time for the toilet.

Animation:

Final Render

Post-Critique:

My teacher said the animation is good but he found a flaw that he sees some kind of spots around the tub (Possibly could be from the lighting but he's not sure) For this issue I don't know what I'm going to fix this problem, this is the first time I saw this. There's really nothing I can disagree with the critiques from other people. I already like my project.

Same Final Render

I will see you NEXT QUARTER PEOPLE! PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment